Friday, December 4, 2015

Nursery Guides

I've been messing around with layouts on these lil guys. For now, the bottom paragraph says the same thing. I am still working on the text for individual plants. I am happy with how my older illustrations came out than my new ones so I will focus my energy on those (the colors/line work just looks better this way). More updates will come soon..



2 comments :

  1. the text beneath illustrations, e.g., for cleome, seems more technical than some users might need or want. this beginning gardener (me, for instance) would want to know what to expect, when to plant, what kind of soil, watering, sunlight; and what the flower would yield color-wise. I'm assuming all of these suit bees. do they produce (honey/pollen producing) flowers from when to when? might someone mix the flower types, to ensure maximum advantage to bees?

    there's also the flavor issue: sage honey, etc. so might want to be grouped with that in mind too.

    anyway, I'd go lighter on technical nomenclature, heavier on the easy-to-understand nuts-and-bolts of successful planting, and effect on the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am designing a more in-depth solution for beginner gardeners that will be printed out on the backside of each card. I am still finding ways to utilize the space that will help people. It will have plant times vs harvest times, flavors, aromas, colors, etc. They will be arranged in a cool way. I will show sketches tomorrow in class

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.