Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Getting Lost (virtually)


So after thinking about the idea of "getting lost" and when are you "really" lost, I went on a Google map, "adventure" to "get lost". I was trying to find the point where you are actually, well, lost. When I would go down one road, find another, and an adjacent town, or whatever, I would find these symbols, that you probably wouldn't see at a driving perspective, so maybe this is different than getting lost. But these observations I discovered in the search of "lost", I found these points, completely at random. I believe the this particular image (above) is in Arkansas, named Lake Hollis and Ned Lake. 


This image also has a similar, man-made design, although this one is probably an environmentally formed pattern. It is at such a larger scale that one might wonder why it's still there. Why WE kept the land this natural way, and why civilization build off of it rather than tearing it down like the contrasting roads in the picture. (This image I didn't track the location for.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.