Sunday, October 4, 2015

All occurrences

These are all occurrences of the 6 words that I collected, compressed on to one page. Not sure where to go with this but it's something Jesse Kahn was interested in seeing I think.

2 comments :

  1. as you did with the version posted immediately before this, a more careful choice of words to locate and compare, might yield ideas/understanding of the text via your color-coded scattergraph.
    monster/man. he/she. up/down. inside/outside. love/fear/hate. &c.
    we're discussed this previously.

    looks like genomic molecules.
    might try values of black, rather than colors (too distracting?).

    bottom line: be clear about what you are trying to learn/find out, from these data visualizations.
    could they work as an animation, one map over/after another?

    e.g.,
    1 instances of love
    2 instances of love + hate
    3 instances of hate
    4 instances of hate + ?
    etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with adding language. Also for both the scattergraph and this large dot piece, it might be interesting to see the process (transition) you used devising these schemes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.