Sunday, October 4, 2015

Interfaces (elements, components, modules)

Interfaces

The means by which the user and a computer system interact,
in particular the use of input devices and software.


Focus on maximizing the user experience, 
user interface design requires a good understanding of user needs.

Down below I have greeked the general  elements, components, and modules that make the interface what it is in hopes to simplify, and understand what goes into each interface. From popular games to social media to operating systems. This was mainly research. I feel this is something I can grab onto, deals with grids, aesthetics, and interests me. There is a number of directions I feel i can take this subject, from extensive research to find common elements among many interface designs, designing my own style of interfaces and guidelines.  Possibly , idealistic, futuristic (does the future have interfaces?). If things go well I can potentially code what I make in the end. 

Deals with:
  • Graphic Design
  • Typography
  • Grids
  • UX
  • Aethetics
  • Problem Solving
  • Current / Relatable / Everywhere
  • Still room to explore



World Of Warcraft


EVE online


Destiny


Skyrim


Facebook


Myspace


iOS


Windows 10


2 comments :

  1. Deb Chachra, her Metafoundry e-letter.
    once a week. maybe good for you.

    struck by the schematics, in your sketches above. a kind of critical/conceptual art/design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these schematics are visual. might they inform non-visual interfaces?
    for the blind, say?
    or oral (Siri)?

    I see references to Ivan Illich (Tools for Conviviality, 1973) in some of the literature on UX.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.