Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Entire index

These are the spreads of my entire index.






I'm not sure whether or not to include page numbers on the indexed pages, what to do with the page numbers on the regular spreads (they're exactly the same as the dot listings), and whether or not to include and map the instances of the 6 words as they occur in the index and then index those as well, considering that they're not part of the original text.

This next image is one of the content spreads that I want to change the page numbering on.


Also, I'm not sure what to do about the front and back covers as well as the spine. Now that I've got all the content completed I can start to work on those as well.


1 comment :

  1. index, tab align right for figures before colon, tab align centered to colon, tab align left for numbers after colon.
    additionally, consider setting paragraph style for these, open type features: figure style: tabular old style. should line units above each other.

    the book needs a title, a new subtitle (not Mary Shelley's, but your own), and an introduction (of afterword) that explains what is going on here.

    you have written a different Frankenstein, in a sense. left the old where it was born, two centuries ago.
    I always think there can be more intention in the word choices, also the near-collisions (same page for different words, even quite close to each other). somewhat like Shelby's commute ideas from last semester.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.