Thursday, November 19, 2015

Allie's Nest

The first thing I started to do when making my nest was to separate the materials in the kit you gave everyone. I then used the thicker straw as a base and tried to weave them together. The only way I got them to stay together was when I added some of the powder clay I have. I then used the long-wispy vine things and tied them around my base to make a dome shape. I used the thick straw again to create a few walls, so that an egg wouldn't fall through the sides. I did this by splitting the wispy vines in half and slid the straw through the centers. To make everything more secure I kept adding my clay mixture until the whole structure became somewhat stable.

I think the kits were a cool idea, but I think more thought should have been put into making them. Maybe make the nests yourself, with different materials in each nest. Then make kits and distribute them to everyone else to see how our nests compared to your own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.