montserrat college of art, design seminar, fall 2015
Sunday, November 15, 2015
watercolor studies
With the inability to use the screen printing facilities over this past week I decided to do a couple watercolor studies based off of the vector art that I intend to screen print. I intend to have my first screen print study for Wednesday.
like islands, sandbars in a stream. outlines make them more pebble-like. we talked about snake skin as a narrative, from tail to head. a journey up or down river. in book form, 60 pages... with or without text, if text, how. annotations? small thoughts along the way? or pauses — a page or spread out of the stream, for a textual thought or more information, then back to the flow? a larger scale (than you're ordinarily comfortable with) might be good to work with.
the mark making (as these are) is ultimately more interesting, I feel, than screen print (rubber stamp) repetitions.
Several beautiful watercolor paintings trumps any screen printed reproduction.
ReplyDeleteExcuses can be read many ways.
like islands, sandbars in a stream. outlines make them more pebble-like.
ReplyDeletewe talked about snake skin as a narrative, from tail to head. a journey up or down river.
in book form, 60 pages...
with or without text, if text, how. annotations? small thoughts along the way? or pauses — a page or spread out of the stream, for a textual thought or more information, then back to the flow?
a larger scale (than you're ordinarily comfortable with) might be good to work with.
the mark making (as these are) is ultimately more interesting, I feel, than screen print (rubber stamp) repetitions.