Sunday, November 8, 2015

HUD (head up display) test




Looking more into the gaming side of things I decided to make the simplest of HUD style displays.
What I was interested in was making it functional as opposed just the design. So indeed I figured it out on the Unreal Game Engine. The video shows (top left) two progress bars labeled Health and Energy. The health bar (green) decreases when I press the "F" key seeing as nothing is attacking me yet so I did this as a test. The Energy bar (yellow) decreases when I jump. Anchored to the top right is the ammo information, which decreases as I run out of foam balls to shoot set at 25 max.

The gun, and arena were provided by a template that was instituted by the unreal game engine which I take no credit for. The goal was to get into inner workings of designing the HUD where everything was familiar in working with, text boxes, padding, color etc.

1 comment :

  1. thinking about mashups, of different interfaces / genres.
    pitting them where they don't belong.
    so first, there's a grid in which the interface/genre types are arrayed. APUPA order too: including interfaces beyond the current GUI (gooey human) idea.
    then, plug and replace.

    the point being, to ensure there's constant aeration by ideas. even humor.

    could a texting conversation, be "like" a computer game?
    how?
    why not? conversations can be competitive, even gladiatorial.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.