I spent some time making a nest and failed. It would not stay together, the materials were thick and rigid and broke often. I understand that we were supposed to add our own materials but I still felt obligated to use something from the kit and it was very difficult and to use poor nest-like materials such as sticks and twigs, and dried thick dead plant leaves. I think the kit would have a much better turnout if the materials were usable. If you want to make bird nest kits, I think the material in them should be useful to get the builder of the nest at least started, and then we can decide what similar materials we could incorporate. Have you made a successful nest yet? Have you put it outside on a branch with some Cadbury eggs inside and checked back a week, or month later to see if it held up? I think this is a start so you can do a trial and error with different materials, see which hold up the best, and then give us half the materials necessary to make a successful nest, and we can find similar ones to integrate.
For example, if you find down the road that extremely long materials worked the best, tell us this so we can find some yarn and tall dead grass. Or vise versa, if you find that small, very thin material works the best, then incorporate that into your kits so we can find similar materials like normal dead grass. Should we be using things with some mass? Like the grape vine I had? I think you need to experiment more so you can guide the kits you gave us in the right direction. :)
No comments :
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.