Here are the photos of my attempt at screen printing, I like the texture that I got from these prints, but I would like to re-do them and try to get more of the pattern to translate. All in all, I enjoyed making these even though it was frustrating at times, I would like to continue both my exploration of screen printing and water color to see where they take me.
as is sometimes the case with letterpress: photo of the lockup (furniture+type) looks as and even more striking than the print itself. the transformations are the thing, transformation via several steps away from the "original."
ReplyDeletethese can provide basis for poster(s), among other things.
when you haven't access to printmaking studio, you can certainly continue on with the watercolors, too.
and take to heart Michael Bierut's observation about communication —
The challenge to communicate and to do it in a way that's not just clear but also arresting and provocative and persuasive, that adds something to people's lives, as communication is meant to — as we all do with each other — that's actually so fundamental to what design is.
Let me know when you're going to the basement to print! I'll come and help out :)
ReplyDelete